Morgan Century Farm was established in 1850 as a family farm and mill which supplied lumber and employment to the region. Over time, the farmstead spanned 250 acres and raised a variety of livestock, fruits and vegetables, in addition to supplying lumber, dairy products and maple syrup to residents in the surrounding area.
During the late 1800's, the property provided refuge to Northern bound slaves as a stop on the Underground Railroad. It also served as the post office for the small village of Salt Springs, later renamed Lincoln Falls, in honor of Abraham Lincoln.
Today, the original farmhouse, one barn and two outbuildings remain on 35 acres in Lincoln Falls, Sullivan County, Pennsylvania.
The home has always been open to the tradition of providing comfort and lodging to travelers and sportsmen visiting the area. We know the Morgan-Brown ancestors would be proud.
"A house is built of bricks and stones, of sills and posts and piers;
But a home is built of loving deeds that stand a thousand years."